Genderidentity

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 07:11:50 GMT 2022

Le ven. 7 janv. 2022 à 23:11, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> a écrit :

> The original sentence:
> "Place %n boy(s) and %n girl(s) in the center. Then split %n pieces of
> candy equally between them.”
>
> could maybe be changed to:
> “Place some children in the center, %n from the left and %n from the right.
> Then split %n pieces of candy equally between them.”
>
> Perhaps that would solve two problems, Johnny Jazeix’s original  coding
> problem with the numbers and Sandro’s problem with the gendered words.
>
> FWIW, 75 years ago I disliked being called a child or worse still a kid.
> Schools
> I attended were single-sex and class-distinction was rife. So was bullying.
>
> Today’s schools have come a long way!
>
> Cheers, Ian W.

Hi,

this idea will cause issues on the ergonomy side. Where it would work fine
on computers, it will not work on phones where space is limited. For now,
on these devcies, we display the bar containing the children to drag on top
instead of left to have enough space on the center for the drops. We can't
add on in the bottom, it would not be practical.

Cheers,

Johnny