Genderidentity

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 22:11:03 GMT 2022

The original sentence:
"Place %n boy(s) and %n girl(s) in the center. Then split %n pieces of
candy equally between them.”

could maybe be changed to:
“Place some children in the center, %n from the left and %n from the right.
Then split %n pieces of candy equally between them.”

Perhaps that would solve two problems, Johnny Jazeix’s original  coding
problem with the numbers and Sandro’s problem with the gendered words.

FWIW, 75 years ago I disliked being called a child or worse still a kid. Schools
I attended were single-sex and class-distinction was rife. So was bullying.

Today’s schools have come a long way!

Cheers, Ian W.