KConfig saving mecanism for kcm

Antoine Gatineau antoine.gatineau at infra-monkey.com
Fri Feb 4 11:03:15 GMT 2022

Hello dear kde developpers.

I am writing a kcm module for system settings and I have an issue saving the configuration. So I'm reaching out here.
I can use KConfig to save the data but is goes in .config/systemsettingsrc, merged with the rest of systemsettings data.

As I have multiple groups, I'd prefer to have a dedicated config file for my kcm.

Is KConfig able to do that? How?

Thank you for any information or pointer that would allow this behavior.
If this is not the right place for such questions, please tell me were to go.

Kind regards
Antoine