Gwenview Telemetry (was Re: The KIPI fate)

David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Sat Apr 16 19:17:18 BST 2022

On Saturday, April 16, 2022 6:11:36 PM CEST Tobias Leupold wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just the small junior dev here, with surely no authority to decide
> anything.
>
> But don't do that. That will make a lot of people stop using our software.
> I'm pretty sure about that.

Hi!

I do not share this concern. If users learn that some software uses
KUserFeedback, they will more likely realize that our products are very
transparent with telemetry, while many other applications either use opt-out
or do it secretly.

I first learned about KUserFeedback in a printed magazine, and the article was
written in a very positive tone.

David