Rollout of Gitlab CI

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Oct 3 08:38:42 BST 2021

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 10:40 AM David Hurka <david.hurka at mailbox.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, September 30, 2021 10:12:35 PM CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Does this means we can no longer have interesting CI like
> >   "install this special distro that has openssl3 so that the QCA code
> > doesn't regress" or
> >   "install this old Ubuntu since we still want to code to build in an
> older
> > Qt version" ?
>
> Yeah, the “GitLab CI” that comes with GitLab will probably stay, and just
> the
> CI templates in the sysadmin repositories will be removed?
>

> .gitlab-ci.yml allows to define quite flexible scenarios, but most KDE
> repositories which I have seen just include a few templates from the
> sysadmin
> repositories, so I assume you are talking about the latter. :)

That is correct.

Given that it is not an uncommon scenario, we may consider adding specific
CI support for an LTS distribution (potentially along with it's
corresponding Frameworks) depending on the interest.
The new system makes it substantially easier to add more platforms compared
with our Jenkins environment (which was a bit of a nightmare tbh).

> > Cheers,
> >   Albert
> >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ben