Can the PIM Docker image support multiple languages?

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon May 10 16:36:44 BST 2021

On Samstag, 8. Mai 2021 17:22:21 CEST Glen Ditchfield wrote:
> I use the PIM Docker image for development , and I'd like to inspect the UI
> in non-English languages — in particular, Akonadi's Calendar Properties
> dialogs. Is there some way to add languages to the environment?
>
> System Settings, Regional Settings > Language says “There are no additional
> languages available on this system”, and only offers American English.
> Setting LANG on the command line translates some items — some button labels,
> month names ... — but not menus and such.

I'm not familiar with that Docker image, but I assume it's doing a full build
of Frameworks and PIM from Git using kdesrc-build? If so, adding

-DKDE_L10N_AUTO_TRANSLATIONS=ON -DKDE_L10N_SYNC_TRANSLATIONS=ON

to the build flags should help to get the missing translation catalogs
installed.

Regards,
Volker