Can the PIM Docker image support multiple languages?

Glen Ditchfield GJDitchfield at acm.org
Sat May 8 16:22:21 BST 2021

I use the PIM Docker image for development , and I'd like to inspect the UI in
non-English languages — in particular, Akonadi's Calendar Properties dialogs.
Is there some way to add languages to the environment?

System Settings, Regional Settings > Language says “There are no additional
languages available on this system”, and only offers American English.
Setting LANG on the command line translates some items — some button labels,
month names ... — but not menus and such.