[neon-notifications] Changes in repo-metadata

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Mar 5 17:02:09 GMT 2021

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 12:49 AM Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>
wrote:

> Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> > I noticed the below change from Laurent about ruqola describing it as a
> "KDE
> > client".  It would be much better not to pidgeon hole apps as being "for
> KDE",
> > users don't care what widget toolkit they're written in or what desktop
> the
> > app author uses, apps should work equally well on any desktop.  Even
> "client
> > for" is confusing tech-speak.  I'd rather a description like "Talk to
> > colleagues and friends over the Rocket Chat network".
> >

> Isn't that the description which ends up on invent? That's targeted to
> developer (so tech-speak is good).

While it is the description that ends up on Invent yes, it should still be
consistent with the way we market/describe ourselves.
Describing it as a "KDE client" is therefore incorrect.

These descriptions may also be found by potential contributors (who aren't
coders - think documentation people, etc), so having a more user-friendly
description is probably better in the long run.

> On the other hand the metainfo file may need to get some fixes.
>
> (I still disagree on the notion of "client" being tech-only, though).
>
> Ciao
> --
> Luigi

Cheers,