RFC: Konsole profile groups

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel at yandex.ru
Sat Jul 31 13:30:26 BST 2021

On Sat, 2021-07-31 at 13:49 +0200, Ahmad Samir wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is anyone using Konsole profile groups? that is to say, any objections if that
> code is removed from
> Konsole?
>
> I've never used them, and I don't have any precise idea how they're supposed
> to work, if no one is
> using them any more we could remove them and simplify the code a bit.

Are you talking about Settings → "Edit Current Profile" and Settings → "Switch Profile"?

If yes, then I do use them, they are quite handy. I have default fancy profile with an image I set on Konsole background, that is the default profile.

However, the image is light-colored, and not every terminal application uses colors that are light-friendly (GCC in particular uses light-blue color that is hard to read on light background), so in cases I really need to read that, I  switch to the older boring-completely-black profile.