Safely storing an application's API keys

Jacky Alcine yo at jacky.wtf
Mon Jan 18 18:15:07 GMT 2021

That just pushes the problem down to the user though, no? That's not necessarily user friendly (how many average people know what an API is or why they need keys).

The mention of IndieAuth is notable since it removes this problem altogether but it's not widely adopted enough. I think that the mention of asking service providers for a "public" key might be optimal.