Safely storing an application's API keys

Stephane MANKOWSKI stephane at mankowski.fr
Mon Jan 18 18:07:17 GMT 2021

Hi,

In Skrooge, we have a plugin to download prices from coinmarketcap. For
that, an API key is needed.
We decided that: If the end user wants to use this plugin, he will have
to request a personal API key and store it in Skrooge that will use it
to call the service.
By doing like that, we don't need to store the API key in a public area.
In fact, each user has its own key.

Regards.