Migration to collaborate.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Aug 9 09:18:59 BST 2021

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 8:53 AM Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, 8 August 2021 20:38:56 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 11:25 PM Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:
> > > Hello Ben,
> >
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > > I am missing a bunch of calendars and my personal calendar has been
> > > emptied of
> > > events and tasks. To be precise, I am missing
> > >
> > > * Attend External Events: List of events to attend (Aniqa Khokhar)
> > > * Promo
> > >
> > > calendars, and, as mentioned, my Personal calendar has lost most (not
> all)
> > > events and TODOs.
> > >
> > > As share is not up anymore, I don't know how to recover them.
> >
> > Calendars and any data other than files were not migrated over as part of
> > this move.
> > Please contact us on IRC and we'll temporarily re-enable share.kde.org
> > allow you to export this data.
> >
> > (Note: this also applies to anyone else who used this functionality on
> > share.kde.org - it would be appreciated if you made contact sooner
> rather
> > than later however as we would like to archive the old instance)
>
> That is... not good. Thankfully I was able to replicate calendars because
> had them synched with Kontact and recover my files because I had them
> synched
> to my local file system. I feel for the people who did not do that and who
> now
> have to jump through hoops to get their stuff back.

The calendar module of Nextcloud was originally enabled with the intention
of us evaluating it to replace the calendar functionality provided by
Phabricator (given that it is going away in favour of Gitlab for just about
everything) as I believe we were/are using Phabricator for the release
calendar.

I wasn't aware that anyone was actively using the calendar functionality of
Nextcloud.

> Cheers
>
> Paul

Cheers,