Migration to collaborate.kde.org

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Sun Aug 8 21:53:44 BST 2021

On Sunday, 8 August 2021 20:38:56 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 11:25 PM Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:
> > Hello Ben,
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> > I am missing a bunch of calendars and my personal calendar has been
> > emptied of
> > events and tasks. To be precise, I am missing
> >
> > * Attend External Events: List of events to attend (Aniqa Khokhar)
> > * Promo
> >
> > calendars, and, as mentioned, my Personal calendar has lost most (not all)
> > events and TODOs.
> >
> > As share is not up anymore, I don't know how to recover them.
>
> Calendars and any data other than files were not migrated over as part of
> this move.
> Please contact us on IRC and we'll temporarily re-enable share.kde.org to
> allow you to export this data.
>
> (Note: this also applies to anyone else who used this functionality on
> share.kde.org - it would be appreciated if you made contact sooner rather
> than later however as we would like to archive the old instance)

That is... not good. Thankfully I was able to replicate calendars because I
had them synched with Kontact and recover my files because I had them synched
to my local file system. I feel for the people who did not do that and who now
have to jump through hoops to get their stuff back.

Cheers

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication