RFC: Konsole profile groups

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Aug 2 23:14:52 BST 2021

On Saturday, 31 July 2021 06:33:24 PDT David Hurka wrote:

> > No, "profile groups" are a different concept; from reading the code in
> > ProfileGroup.cpp it's like a group of profiles having one parent profile,
> > and when you change the settings it can be applied to all the child
> > profiles, or to specific ones...
>
> I use profiles to distinguish different windows by background color. I have
> some application menu entries that launch Konsole with a specific command to
> execute, and these windows will use a profile with a different background
> color, so I will know later what this window is good for.
>
> I am not aware of any way to use profile groups, or how to create them.
> There is no such button in “Manage Profiles...”. So I guess, if you remove
> this feature, users will not notice it. :D

Same here. I have a couple of profiles that differ by minimal amounts, but in
all other aspects they are the same.

I would have used this feature if I had known it existed or had found it. That
would allow me to change the font size in all profiles in the same place. But
it looks like it's too well hidden.