Synchronized release schedule for Plasma

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Dec 1 16:01:29 GMT 2020

We discussed this in the Plasma meeting on Monday and I'm afraid there's
little appetite in moving to a 6 monthly release or a 3 monthly release.
We did used to have a 3 monthly schedule but that is too tight given the
length of beta and freezes we want to have now.  But also 6 monthly feels
too long, for distros that miss the release that become a long time that we
have users on an older release.

Having said that if there's occasions where we can shift a release a bit to
help distros we're happy to do that.

Jonathan