Qt4 on Cygwin

Enrico Forestieri forenr at tlc.unipr.it
Wed Jul 25 14:57:08 CEST 2007

Yaakov writes:

> Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> > I still have not published my patch. It is my intention to update the
> > wiki page http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnCygwin to Qt4 in the near future.
>
> I'm only looking for a patch which fixes the code wrt the .rdata issue,
> without using the i386pe.x-no-rdata script workaround.  For Qt3 this was
>  simply a matter of patching src/moc/moc.y; with Qt4 moc has changed and
> this doesn't appear to be so simple.

I can't help you, then.

> > However, note that my Qt4/Cygwin is a sort of hybrid, as X11 is not used
> > for the display but directly the Windows native APIs. Everything else
> > is posix (threads, filesystem, sockets, ...). In order to obtain this
> > result I have to merge the two distributions for win and x11 by Trolltech.
>
> This part doesn't interest me, as I'm looking for a pure unix/X11 Qt4.
> If you want to use the Windows APIs, why not just use MinGW?

I only want to use the Windows graphics APIs (so that I don't need an X
server), but I want to be able to use symlinks, fifos, and unix domain
sockets. With a pure native Windows version of LyX I cannot use neither
the lyxpipe nor the lyxserver for IPC purposes (e.g., for doing a reverse
dvi search).

--
Enrico