Error when using Kdelibs

Johannes Serup tulsoba at yahoo.dk
Sun Sep 11 14:09:11 CEST 2005

I have followed the guide on your page:

http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-cygwin/kde/kde3.4/

and KDE runs fine. I am now trying to install Kile but when I run the ./configure I get this error:

 you need to install kdelibs first.

If you did install kdelibs, then the Qt version that is picked up by
this configure is not the same version you used to compile kdelibs.
The Qt Plugin installed by kdelibs is *ONLY* loadable if its the
same Qt version, compiled with the same compiler and the same Qt
configuration settings.

It seems that the version of the qt that was used when kdelibs was compiled (i did not compile it I just extracted the qt and kdelibs as instructed in the guide) does not match the current qt. But the current qt was also downloaded from your guide so it seems wierd.

Hope you can help!

Yours
Johs