'Additional compiler support for qpl'd Qt4/win32' - add on :-)

Michael Druing michael at drueing.de
Thu Oct 20 15:48:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

actually, if Qt compiles cleanly, you should be able to start the MSVC .NET
command prompt (it's under Start->Visual Studio .NET->Tools or similar) and
then issue an "nmake" in the directory where the example code resides (after
setting QT_DIR and QMAKESPEC of course) to build that example.

If you want to build using the IDE, it's a bit more difficult, i.e. you have
to add custim build steps for the moc phase, and also make sure that you're
using the correct runtime in your project settings (should be
"Multithreaded-DLL" or "Multithreaded Debug DLL"), otherwise you'll either
get linker errors or strange runtime crashes.

Oh, and the linker should also have QtMain.lib, QtCore.lib etc. as
additional dependencies.

These options (runtime lib and additional libraries) are in the project
options, right click your project in the project explorer and select
"Linker/Input" or "Linker/Code generation" from the list on the left.

Hope that helps,
--Michael