kde cygwin patches

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon May 9 09:52:52 CEST 2005

On Saturday 07 May 2005 07:12, Sunil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems like the 6th time is the charm. I
> successfully built kdelibs/base/artwork/graphics/games/network
> with gcc 3.3.3 (3.4.3 was a bad idea, although the
> built code ran MUCH faster than 3.3.3) so far.
You have written about dynamic_cast problems. Are there more problems using
kde 3.4 ? Is this problems could be handled this seems to be very
interesting, because I recognized performance problems for example with
umbrello. The most time when importing classes is gone in the dynamic_cast
related functions (about 60%), so I assume, that this cast operations are
very bad implemented in gcc 3.3.3.

Where you got gcc 3.4.3, cygwin distro contains only the 3.4.1 release ?

> Since I use portage to do my builds and pkg mgmt, attached will be
> a set of portage ebuilds (bash scripts basically) from
> my overlay directory which contain the patches needed
> for cygwin. Please untar in a temp location and then
> search for "*cygwin*.patch". Moreover, have a look at
> the latest ebuilds(originals are marked with .orig
> extension) to see how to apply patches and what
> specific stuff to do get the build going. kdelibs was
> the most tricky one because the build is circular
> because of the requirement that DLLs can not have
> undefined symbols. May be a better factorization of
> libkdeinit_kded from kded is needed. Latest portage
> ebuilds and a cygwin patch for portage is also
> included if you are inclined enough to install portage
> on cygwin.

I will take a look. Thanks for contributing.