kde cygwin patches - kdebase

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 07:13:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

It seems like the 6th time is the charm. I
successfully built
kdelibs/base/artwork/graphics/games/network
with gcc 3.3.3 (3.4.3 was a bad idea, although the
built code ran MUCH faster than 3.3.3) so far. Since I
use
portage to do my builds and pkg mgmt, attached will be
set of portage ebuilds (bash scripts basically) from
my overlay directory which contain the patches needed
for cygwin. Please untar in a temp location and then
search for "*cygwin*.patch". Moreover, have a look at
the latest ebuilds(originals are marked with .orig
extension) to see how to apply patches and what
specific stuff to do get the build going. kdelibs was
the most tricky one because the build is circular
because of the requirement that DLLs can not have
undefined symbols. May be a better factorization of
libkdeinit_kded from kded is needed. Latest portage
ebuilds and a cygwin patch for portage is also
included if you are inclined enough to install portage
on cygwin.

Known issues currently being worked upon:
1. kcontrol is empty and individual config modules are
moved to "Lost & Found", although all modules work
fine when accessed from "Lost & Found" menu.
2. ssl patch is not complete. So, I had to do
something like 'ln -s cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll
libcrypto.dll' for konqueror to find OpenSSL under
crypto menu.

Thanks,
Sunil
PS: since I can't send attachments larger than 70k, I
will send separate ebuild tars for individual pkgs.

Yahoo! Mail