Request taking over mgt of qtwin

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Mar 26 10:24:22 CET 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 02:16, Steven Boothe wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > Ralf Habacker wrote:
>  >>>> ... <snip> ...

> >> ... after that answer I started a relating thread about the switch on
> >> this list, but hasn't got any answer. Was probably not the right time to
> >>  ask : -)

> >> admin rights are one of the not so important things for the migration,
> >> because to update the website for example only ssh access to the
> >> projects web space is required. More important is how and who will do
> >> the migration job. Here everyone can help.
> >>
> >> Ralf
> >
> > Should I give you all admin rights?
At first I think Chris January an I should have admin rights (if Chris January
doesn't deny this). What is with you Dave: Do do you see your role in this
project ( I Know I asked this some time in a private mail, but it may be that
your available time has changed :-) )
I think at least project web space is good.
I'l start a new thread were we can discuss how to migrate.

> Hi Dave, Ralf, et al:
>
> Just to clarify a bit. My intention in contacting Dave was for the purpose
> of doing the necessary legwork of tracking the project lead down and
> initiating contact with him/her to relieve the dev's the burden of some of
> the more mundane tasks associated with managing their project. In the event
> this worked out I planned to immediately pass on this information to the
> dev's so that they would know the door was immediately open if this is the
> way they wanted to proceed.
>
> I am really quite the novice when it comes to c++ coding and so I harbor no
> desire to "be in charge" over the work and contributions of people so much
> more qualified than myself. However, with respect to the website, I am
> quite experienced with using ssh, vi, emacs, html, etc. And in this regard
> I would greatly desire to help maintain up-to-date and accurate
> documentation and notes regarding how to put all the pieces together so to
> speak.
>
> Anyway, I'm of course very interested in becoming more aquainted with
> testing the code, and using CVS, but as my experience is so minimal yet, I
> would have to say my strongest point is that I have made this project
> somewhat of a priority, and therefore have given it a certain level of time
> committment almost everyday to reading the mailing list and test compiling
> of QT3.
>
> So just let me know what part I can help and I will be eager to start.

Steven, we have no problem with this. I was often in the same situation, much
motivated, with a specific experience and coming to a new project with people
working much longer on. If you are experienced with mysql and php or know
another good cms feel free to install it on the qtwin project space and
import the qt3-win32 content.
Please be aware, that you sometime may be on the ledging edge, what means
there may be noone who can help you in a specific part.

Regards