Request taking over mgt of qtwin

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Sat Mar 26 02:16:09 CET 2005

Dave Brondsema wrote:

>>> Ralf Habacker contacted me about this a few months ago, and I said:
>>>
>>> I'd be more than happy to, if you and the other developers want to
>>> make the switch.  I abandonded the qtwin project once I found out
>>> about the kde-cygwin one.
>>
>> ... after that answer I started a relating thread about the switch on
>> this list, but hasn't got any answer. Was probably not the right time to
>>  ask : -)
>>
>>> Wouldn't it be best to have a current kde-cygwin admin become the
>>> qtwin admin?
>>
>> admin rights are one of the not so important things for the migration,
>> because to update the website for example only ssh access to the
>> projects web space is required. More important is how and who will do
>> the migration job. Here everyone can help.
>>
>> Ralf
>
> Should I give you all admin rights?  And give Steven CVS access and
> write-access to the project web space?

Hi Dave, Ralf, et al:

Just to clarify a bit. My intention in contacting Dave was for the purpose of
doing the necessary legwork of tracking the project lead down and initiating
contact with him/her to relieve the dev's the burden of some of the more
mundane tasks associated with managing their project. In the event this
worked out I planned to immediately pass on this information to the dev's so
that they would know the door was immediately open if this is the way they
wanted to proceed.

I am really quite the novice when it comes to c++ coding and so I harbor no
desire to "be in charge" over the work and contributions of people so much
more qualified than myself. However, with respect to the website, I am quite
experienced with using ssh, vi, emacs, html, etc. And in this regard I would
greatly desire to help maintain up-to-date and accurate documentation and
notes regarding how to put all the pieces together so to speak.

Anyway, I'm of course very interested in becoming more aquainted with testing
the code, and using CVS, but as my experience is so minimal yet, I would have
to say my strongest point is that I have made this project somewhat of a
priority, and therefore have given it a certain level of time committment
almost everyday to reading the mailing list and test compiling of QT3.

So just let me know what part I can help and I will be eager to start.

Steven