Contributing to the development

Holger Schröder holger-kde at holgis.net
Thu Mar 24 12:38:13 CET 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 12:09, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > - then there seem to be some performance issues in gcc and especially the
> > linker for from mingw, somebody with deeper knowledge of how linking
> > works could perhaps fix these ;-)
>
> This is the biggest point why I don't use mingw for compiling.
> I really should ask some of the mingw-developers if they could take a look
> on it ( or if the could provide me a short introduction into this so I can
> do t by my own ). But currently I've no idea what's going on in ld/pe-dll.c
> (see http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2004-11/msg00516.html).
>
> Christian

perhaps you can try to profile it and see where it spends most time, after a
short look at it, perhaps onls some sorting or loop is of the wrong order
( O( n^x ) where x is too high... ) and you would not have to understand all
of it...

i never profiled anything under windows, so when it is not possible there, try
to crosscompile qt fro windows with mingw under linux or something.

just my 2c, Holger