knoopix tool using qt/Win Free Edition@freenet.de

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Mon Mar 21 22:14:01 CET 2005

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> ...  I stumbled again about the project name KDE-Cygwin for
> the qt library, so my thoughts were again if it would be better to us a
> more descriptive name like Dave Bronsemas project on
> http://qtwin.sf.net.
 >
> I'm thinking about either redirecting the webpage
> directly to qt3-win32 or to move all qt related parts like qt-3 related
> webspace, cvs qt-3 subdir to this project to give it a descriptive home.
>
> Any comments ?

Ah I've thought about this too from time to time as my interest in the
KDE-cygwin project has not really included KDE as much as it has QT/X11. But
the difference is that QT/X11 still relates to Cygwin, where as QT/Free may
not. So for QT/Free to move in affiliation to a name like qt3-win32 or
something would be more descriptive for QT/Free, it would still leave QT/X11
being found only by KDE-cygwin... Maybe QT-win32 could become the umbrella
for "all things" pertaining to QT on windows, like a place where you could go
to both discover how to setup QT/Free as well as QT/X11 via cygwin?

Interesting ideas Ralf.

Thanks,

Steven