QT/X11: Building Scribus

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Sat Mar 19 21:27:15 CET 2005

Just for the archives, I found by reading ./configure --help that there isn't
an option for setting LFLAGS, but there is for LDFLAGS, so the following are
the commands that I did:

export LDFLAGS="-L/home/cboothe/src/qt-3/lib"
export CFLAGS="-fdata-sections"
export CXXFLAGS="-fdata-sections"
./configure --prefix=/opt/scribus/1.3

However, now at home I'm still getting some problem with it not being able to
find the qt-mt library???

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt) not
found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!