Building Scribus: QT/X11

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Wed Mar 2 01:53:41 CET 2005

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> ... you should install the libtiff3
 > (i guess, may also be libtiff4) and libtiff-devel package
 > ... you should install the libxml2 and libxml2-devel package ...

Doh! That's a good idea! :)

> I  don't know if the scribus team has incorparated the cygwin patch
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/kde-cygwin/scribus-1.2cvs-cygwin-2004-10-23.diff?download
> into there cvs.

Quick question about that patch. Should I have applied it to the
scribus-1.2cvs-cygwin snapshot myself? I saw the patch there, but
thought it may have been for those updating from older snapshots or
something... Maybe that was one of my problems. Anyway, thanks for
helping me better understand the importance of the cygwin patch. I'll be
looking into applying it to both the old and the new cvs snapshots of
Scribus just as soon as I can.

 > If yes, you can go on, if not you can try applying
> the above mentioned patch. It may be that this work, but if may
> require additional work to follow incompatible changes occured sinse
> 1.2. If you have problem with this patch I suggest to try at first to
> get running the release for which the patch is made for and then to
> upgrade to recent cvs release.

Yes and thank you again. The first thing I plan to do is apply it to the
cvs release it was intended for. I really would just like to nail down
somewhat of a process for building Scribus as much as anything else.
Just for the sake of getting a fairly easy to follow recipe nailed down.
That way I may even be able to script the process somewhat. I don't
know, we'll see how things go. I want to both work on packaging and
testing the new cvs branch... But that's perhaps getting ahead of myself. :)

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers!

Steven