Working Qt4 with win32-msvc.net

Thiago A. Corrêa thiagoacorrea at uol.com.br
Thu Jun 30 15:35:35 CEST 2005

> I'm new to kde-cygwin but I thought I'd post this:
> I managed to get the open source Qt4/win to compile with MSVC .NET 2003.
> Here are two screenshots:
> http://tinyurl.com/c9aqr
> http://tinyurl.com/dysaw (yes, that's Qt compiling in the background ;-)
>
> Looks good so far, but I've only tested the core, gui and qtmain libs yet (those were all that's needed for the tutorials)
>
> How I did it:
> I took the borland/msvc patches from this list.

Yeah, that's right, I didn't check if my zip file was self contained... I need some files in that previous zip files, although mine overwrites some of them =)

> I had to fix a few library issues:
> In the Makefile.pro's for the tools, there's a line commented out that looks like this:
> #win32:LIBS += libz.lib
> remove the hash and compile (don't forget to qmake), then it'll work (of course you need libz.lib somewhere the compiler can find it)

I didn't have to do this at all. Where is that Makefile.pro exactly?

> For the GUI library, I patched the Makefile.{Debug,Release} to include libz.lib and libpng.lib in the "LIBS=..." line. I didn't yet find out how to do it properly.

I didn't check what was enabled in the lib yet, so far I'm using the same .qmake.cache as the win32-g++ binary distribution, and for that config I didn't have to touch makefiles either.
I did had to debug qmake a bit to get it to generate working makefiles, so I might have missed things required for other config options

> I also had to compile the qtmain.lib by creating a project in the MSVC GUI and setting "Ignore default libraries" to "true". Somehow this didn't work with the nmake compilation and the resulting .lib files always generated double definitions for bad_cast or something when they were linked to a project.

So, does this means you are using qmake -t vclib?
I haven't touched the vcproj generator yet :P
It works building from the command line... but I had to do a nmake distclean to remove the Makefiles from win32-g++ and have them re-generated by my patched qmake.

> Oh, and for t14, I had to change the "Game Over" font from "Courier" to "Courier new" (canonfield.cpp line 179) otherwise the font looked retro-style ;-)

Mine looks exactly like the screenshot, is it taken after or before the change? Mine is unchanged. :)