Working Qt4 with win32-msvc.net

Michael Drüing Michael.Drueing at advanced-unibyte.de
Thu Jun 30 15:06:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm new to kde-cygwin but I thought I'd post this:
I managed to get the open source Qt4/win to compile with MSVC .NET 2003.
Here are two screenshots:
http://tinyurl.com/c9aqr
http://tinyurl.com/dysaw (yes, that's Qt compiling in the background ;-)

Looks good so far, but I've only tested the core, gui and qtmain libs yet (those were all that's needed for the tutorials)

How I did it:
I took the borland/msvc patches from this list.
I had to fix a few library issues:
In the Makefile.pro's for the tools, there's a line commented out that looks like this:
#win32:LIBS += libz.lib
remove the hash and compile (don't forget to qmake), then it'll work (of course you need libz.lib somewhere the compiler can find it)

For the GUI library, I patched the Makefile.{Debug,Release} to include libz.lib and libpng.lib in the "LIBS=..." line. I didn't yet find out how to do it properly.

I also had to compile the qtmain.lib by creating a project in the MSVC GUI and setting "Ignore default libraries" to "true". Somehow this didn't work with the nmake compilation and the resulting .lib files always generated double definitions for bad_cast or something when they were linked to a project.

Oh, and for t14, I had to change the "Game Over" font from "Courier" to "Courier new" (canonfield.cpp line 179) otherwise the font looked retro-style ;-)

--Michael