Are we out of work next month?

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Jun 16 11:43:45 CEST 2005

 > I don't think that there will be much progress after 4.0 release.

Think there is more activity of other people than in the last months.

 > I'll maybe only port some really needed code back to 3.3 (if this is
 > possible) and try to get 4.0 compile with msvc & borland. There wasn't

- Some font stuff looks portable.
- all borland/msvc related qmake files are removed in qt4

 > much response on our binary 3.3 relases and also noone except me seems
 > to have time to fix bugs nor someone will get a working site on
 > qtwin.sf.net. It's a little bit disappointing  ...

LyX uses our qt3 exclusively and you could not use the nc dll from Trolltech
which is often used instead of ours.

> The main reason I think is that everyone is waiting for qt 4.

I'm such a guy. I'm totally busy with waiting. :)

> If people supporting a qt3 app will see that the required porting efforts
> requires about 30% efforts as ealier stated, they probably will think about
> if qt4 is really needed and they may come to qt3 win for a windows port.

I think, because of the official GPL version on windows, some projects will
will be porting their existing qt3 apps to windows, because they know they
can use qt4 in future.

 > Well it's still work in progress which is why I haven't made an
 > announcement yet. However feel free to use the Wiki as you like.

Is there a place where I can upload some small files (qcad related files)?

Peter