multwindow mode problem

Matt Brown sfgiants724-cygwinlist at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 22:03:12 CET 2005

David Strozzi <dstrozzi <at> MIT.EDU> writes:

> But, why does kwin start?  When I run KDE with startx &, is that modifying
> some initialization file?

I, too, had the same problem, but I was able to get it to work reliably by
removing kdesktop.desktop from /opt/kde3/share/autostart

It looked to me like the desktop would gather all the windows. I don't need the
desktop, so I stopped it from starting. I think the autostart entry was put
there the first time full KDE was run. I haven't had a problem since I removed
it.

Matt