qt3 msvc.net binary package snapshot

REGAT-BARREL Aurelien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 13 10:30:34 CET 2005

Hi,
I downloaded and tried the package.
First, about the installer:
I think that the program group name "QT Windows Free Edition 3.3.3 Patch Level 0 for Visual Studio .NET 2003" is too long. I changed it to "QT Free 3.3.3".

Then I tried to launch Qt tools:
I get errors with qt assistant, it complains that it can't find *.dcf files in  <my old path to kde-cygwin-qt3_3>/qt-3/doc/html/. I don't know why it is looking in my previous Qt Win Free location (downloaded from CVS).
Qt Linguist says
"Cannot open 'Files\qt-win-free-msvc.net-3.3.3\bin\linguist.exe"'."
That error reminds me that I had a similar error with an other program I compiled. I think there is a problem in the way that the command line is proceeded when there are spaces. Here argv[ 0 ] should be "C:\Program Files\qt-win-free-msvc.net-3.3.3\bin\linguist.exe", and I think that it is splitted in argv[ 0 ] = "C:\Program" and argv[ 1 ] = "Files\qt-win-free-msvc.net-3.3.3\bin\linguist.exe".

Then I tried to compile a project I am working on. I get errors saying that a std::string could not be converted in a QString. I think it is due to the definition of QT_NO_STL somewhere and so the following constructor in qstring.h:
#ifndef QT_NO_STL
    QString( const std::string& );                   // deep copy
#endif
is not defined.
I didn't get this error with my previous try with the CVS release 1 month ago.
I managed to compile, but I get many link errors:

application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct QUType_QString static_QUType_QString" (?static_QUType_QString@@3UQUType_QString@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class QApplication * qApp" (?qApp@@3PAVQApplication@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static struct QStringData * QString::shared_null" (?shared_null at QString@@0PAUQStringData@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QChar QChar::null" (?null at QChar@@2V1 at A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QColor & Qt::black" (?black at Qt@@2AAVQColor@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QColor & Qt::blue" (?blue at Qt@@2AAVQColor@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QColor & Qt::darkGreen" (?darkGreen at Qt@@2AAVQColor@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QColor & Qt::gray" (?gray at Qt@@2AAVQColor@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QColor & Qt::lightGray" (?lightGray at Qt@@2AAVQColor@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QColor & Qt::red" (?red at Qt@@2AAVQColor@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QColor & Qt::white" (?white at Qt@@2AAVQColor@@A)
application error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QColor & Qt::blue" (?blue at Qt@@2AAVQColor@@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall QCIELabPlot::QCIELabPlot(class QWidget *,char const *,unsigned int)" (??0QCIELabPlot@@QAE at PAVQWidget@@PBDI at Z)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class QString QString::null" (?null at QString@@2V1 at A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct QUType_int static_QUType_int" (?static_QUType_int@@3UQUType_int@@A)
application error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct QUType_QString static_QUType_QString" (?static_QUType_QString@@3UQUType_QString@@A)
application error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall QStringList::~QStringList(void)" (??1QStringList@@QAE at XZ) already defined in AppModel.obj
application error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall QStringList::QStringList(void)" (??0QStringList@@QAE at XZ) already defined in AppModel.obj
application error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static struct QStringData * QString::shared_null" (?shared_null at QString@@0PAUQStringData@@A) referenced in function "public: __thiscall cd::gui::SampleSummary::SampleSummary(void)" (??0SampleSummary at gui@cd@@QAE at XZ)

I can't spend more time to look deeper at this problems. Hope this helps...

Aurelien.

Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
Hi,

I've uploaded a binary snapshot of qt3 on
http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-cygwin/qt/.

Is anyone there who can give it a try an report founded issues ?

Regards