Building Scribus: QT/X11

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Mon Feb 28 23:29:36 CET 2005

Hello all:

Now that I've managed to complete step 1. building QT/X11 from cvs, I'm
now moving on to building Scribus.

The instructions that exist at the moment required the installation of
two additional packages to cygwin: autoconf and automake. No problem here.

Here are the instructions as they appear in the README file for building
Scribus here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=277342

1. install qt-3.3.3 release (qt-3.3.1 does not work)
[done]
2. unpack srcibus-1.2.1-src.tar.bz2
[done]
3. preconfigure
      make -f Makefile.dist
[cd ~/src/Scribus && make -f Makefile.dist]

Resulted in the following errors:
acinclude.m4:4681: warning: underquoted definition of AC_PATH_QTOPIA
/usr/share/aclocal/freetype2.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of
AC_CHECK_FT2
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
*** Creating Makefile templates
configure.in:215: required file `scribus/templates/Makefile.in' not found
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

cboothe at IT-staff ~/src/scribus-1.2.1cvs
$