Building QT3/X11 Free within Cygwin Bash Shell

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Mon Feb 28 21:10:44 CET 2005

Steven Boothe wrote:

> However, when attempting to do that following the previous instructions
> on the page for QT3/X11 I get the following errors:
>
> cboothe at IT-staff ~/src/qt-3
> $ designer
> designer: cannot connect to X server 127.0.0.1:0
>
> cboothe at IT-staff ~/src/qt-3
> $

Hello! I found a nice answer to this question in the FAQ for starting
KDE apps in stand-alone mode:

ipc-daemon2 &
Xwin -multiwindow &
kdeeinit --no-kded --nofork &

After this I was then able to start designer just as described. :)

Thanks again! I'm continuing to plow ahead. My hope is to one day soon
be able to start Scribus that same way. We're getting closer. :)