Building QT3/X11 Free within Cygwin Bash Shell

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Mon Feb 28 08:23:30 CET 2005

Steven Boothe wrote:
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>  >> ...
>
>>> Well I made it a bit further, but still got hung up:
>>>
>>> 321  cd $QT_SOURCE_TREE
>>> 322  cvs -z7 update -PdC
>>> 323  make -f  $QT_SOURCE_TREE/Makefile.cvs
>>> 324  cd $QTDIR
>>

>> ------>  here configure is required because configure creates some
>> header files. See http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3/compiling.php
>> for more details
>

> Wow thanks for working over the docs Ralf! I'm now compiling again, and
> am really confident that this time I may make it through. :)

I just finished compiling!!! Woohoo! We made it to the first time!

OK, just another note about the docs, I came across what appears to be a typo:

"Create a symbolic link from the  to /opt/qt/3.3

make -p /opt/qt/ <---------- I think this should read mkdir -p /opt/qt/
ln -s < qt-src-dir > /opt/qt/3.3"

http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3/compiling.php

On to Scribus!