error: configure.bat using latest mingw/cvs

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Mon Feb 21 01:11:01 CET 2005

Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Be sure you've selected the custom makefile (if you reopen Dev you must
> select it again, looks like a bug in Dev).
>
> Dev-C++ also must know the QTDIR variable, if you only defined it in
> the cmd shell you must start devcpp.exe from this shell! Or define
> the QTDIR in 'My Computer/Properties/Advanced/System Variables'.
> This in missing in the recipe and I will add it.

I did some testing of adding QTDIR to my system environment variables and
wasn't successful for some reason(???). So I think for the sake of simplicity
of known successes I will just continue with setting those variables with the
batch files and then starting dev-c++ from the cmd prompt.

> Is 'My Computer/Properties/Advanced/System Variables' the correct
> description, I've only a german win?
>
> I hope you have now success!
>
> Thanks Steve, with your help we found a bug in the mingw setup
> and can also improve the instructions!

I'm really glad I could help. :) However, as I have now discovered how long it
takes to compile using mingw, I am interested in going through the same
exercise with Borland!