Dev-C++ / MinGW / QT3-WIN32

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Wed Feb 9 23:04:29 CET 2005

Henri Girard wrote:
> i cvs with tortoise and hadn't to reboot ?
> i tried dev-c++ with glade and gtk...
> some times it works and some times not !
> the problem is i didn't really configure well the path
> in compiler... I will try it for qt as i know we can
> install borland into it too...
> i don't know why it shouldn't work ?
> give you more information after trying
> good idea to get a full development GPL
> under windows...
> cheers
> Henri

Thanks Henri!

Well so far from what I can tell is that there is seems to be some
serious hostility from the Dev-C++ community towards using QT. Something
which also seems evidenced by the silence in response to my questions
for help. Which I guess is better than being told "Don't bother QT
sucks!" which is how others were treated in times past. It would be
great if we could somehow come up with a free IDE with an integrated
debugger, class browser, etc.

Oh well, maybe we'll yet succeed in figuring this out where previous
attemts have failed. If not, maybe someone could recommend an IDE
alternative to MSVS?

Thanks again,

Steven.

Steven