Success! ( was RE: qt3-win: cannot compile with mingw)

YOUNES Abdelrazak (M3SYSTEM) abdelrazak.younes.m3system at eurocontrol.int
Fri Dec 23 17:41:20 CET 2005

Michael O'Keeffe a écrit :
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:56:28 -0600, YOUNES Abdelrazak (M3SYSTEM)
> <abdelrazak.younes.m3system at eurocontrol.int> wrote:
>
>> Yes, that would be very usefull for eventual wanabe developer.
>> Here is some hints that you might find useful in your README:
>>
>> 1) Qt failed to compile with VC++ 6.0. You need Mingw or bcc32?? or VC++
>>  > 7.1 ??
>>
> I don't think that is correct.  I've compiled QtWin (not latest snapshot
> though) fine using VC6, have you installed the fixpack per the install
> instructions (see below)?  What version was it?  What was the error?
>
> "You will need the latest platform SDK for MSVC6 available from here (core
> SDK is needed)"

Yes, I have read the instruction after my report, sorry about that (for
my defense, the page 'http://qtwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/index.php'
<http://qtwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/index.php'>
was not referenced from 'http://qtwin.sourceforge.net/
<http://qtwin.sourceforge.net/> , I think
Christian is working on it).
FYI, the SDK for MSVC6 is not available anymore because Microsoft has
stopped supporting MSVC6. The site says that can still order a CDROM
with the previous SDK but you cannot download it. Bloody Microsoft!

> Also if I remember correctly, it does fail partway through, but agin the
> instructions are useful:
>
> "This should build the whole Qt release. If it breaks you can restart
> compiling with
>
> c:\source\qt-3> nmake [< target >]"
>
> Now at some point I'll provide more detail on how to get Qt working from
> the IDE itself, i.e. how to set your project up, that would be a good
> addition I think to the doc.

Yes this would be very nice indeed provided that we find a solution to
the SDK problem.

Thanks,
Abdel.

PS: it would be very nice if you could fix the gmane news interface.

____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of EUROCONTROL unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.