Success! ( was RE: qt3-win: cannot compile with mingw)

Michael O'Keeffe michaelok at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 16:56:21 CET 2005

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:56:28 -0600, YOUNES Abdelrazak (M3SYSTEM)
<abdelrazak.younes.m3system at eurocontrol.int> wrote:

> Yes, that would be very usefull for eventual wanabe developer.
> Here is some hints that you might find useful in your README:
>
> 1) Qt failed to compile with VC++ 6.0. You need Mingw or bcc32?? or VC++
>  > 7.1 ??

I don't think that is correct.  I've compiled QtWin (not latest snapshot
though) fine using VC6, have you installed the fixpack per the install
instructions (see below)?  What version was it?  What was the error?

"You will need the latest platform SDK for MSVC6 available from here (core
SDK is needed)"

Also if I remember correctly, it does fail partway through, but agin the
instructions are useful:

"This should build the whole Qt release. If it breaks you can restart
compiling with

c:\source\qt-3> nmake [< target >]"

Now at some point I'll provide more detail on how to get Qt working from
the IDE itself, i.e. how to set your project up, that would be a good
addition I think to the doc.