How to migrate qt project part to qtwin and who can do what

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Tue Apr 5 09:12:14 CEST 2005

Steven Boothe wrote:
> Chris January wrote:

>>> OK, well in my researching solutions to the sourceforge load
>>> balancing issue as it relates to maintaining session data, I came
>>> across yet another wiki that had a recipe for setting it up so that
>>> it would get along with sourceforge. Sooooo, I have put up yet
>>> another one for your review and comment here:
>>>
>>> http://qtwin.sourceforge.net/wikiphp/index.php/HomePage
>>

>> I don't really like the way a double click on wikimedia/wikiphp
>> triggers an edit. Is there any way to turn that behaviour off?
>>
>> Chris
>

> I would assume so, as I recall seeing some settings related to "double
> click" while going through the preferences of my account on the
> mediawiki over at wiki.scribus.net.
>
> As a side note, I was thinking last night that it may not be difficult
> to implement the same solution for the wikimedia to maintain session
> data as the wikiphp. I'd prefer to go with the wikimedia if still
> possible. Everything about it was just seemed cleaner and more mature.
> But those are just opinions. I also had in mind to test phpWebSite. I
> noticed that they have a plugin(?) for enabling a Mediawiki too, so that
> may be even better. But again, much of this depends on getting the
> editing straightened out with the load balancing using various /tmp
> directories across the various servers.

Update on my status: It looks like I got the login/session issue resolved and
the MediaWiki seems to be working without issue now. I really like it as a
platform. Here are some of thins I like:

1. The theme as demonstrated by the folks working on wiki.scribus.net have
done a great job of organizing a nice layout from which I could work from at
the tag level (I'm still coming up to speed with the wiki meta tag schema,
not to mention they aren't really consistant from wiki to wiki). In short I
can envision using/tweaking this layout as a starting point.

2. I like the way the links are created by bracketing words, and if there
isn't a page yet, one will be created automatically. Just click on any red
linked word to see how.

3. Logins can be easilly made mandatory for editing.

4. The hit counts, and Special pages that display the most popular pages are
nice to have already done. The watchlist is also very nice.

Where would I go from here? Well if this turns out to be a pretty stable
install, I would like to re-install/configure it to operate from the root
directory so that the URL would be just http://qtwin.sourceforge.net, or if
not, I think I would prefer FQDN/wiki if nothing else.

Any thoughts or comments?

Cheers,

Steven