Qt runtime failure

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Sep 20 11:28:56 CEST 2004

On Saturday 18 September 2004 09:29, Thomas wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to install Qt and run its applications on Cygwin.
> I am able to compile Qt fine using the exact steps mentioned in
> http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/compiling.php
>
> However, when I 'designer' or one of the advanced tutorials
> (e.g. tutorial/t9), I get an error dialog box that says
> "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)".
> On simpler tutorials (e.g. tutorial/t1), the program runs well,
> but when I quit, I get a core dump.
>
> Can someone tell me what I should do?

I've inspected this problem a little and found, that for unknown reasons a
segfault occurs in ntdll( probably the runtime loader) immediatly after
down. A workaround i found is to build the uilib as static lib and rebuild
designer.

Please update your cvs checkout or at least add the following line after the
first CONFIG line

# building under cygwin as dll results in unknown 0xc00000005 errors
cygwin:CONFIG	+= staticlib
cygwin:CONFIG	-= dll

Then you should delete designer.exe and cygqui-1.dll and rebuild designer.

Hope that helps.

Regards