Final Borland C++ compilation for Qt 3.3.3

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Sep 18 12:04:56 CEST 2004

On Saturday 18 September 2004 10:55, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> > BTW: To reduce the number of configure scripts I have setup a main
> > configure.bat, which works for msvc, borland and mingw environment.
> >
> > Simply run
> > set QMAKESPEC=win32-[g++]|[msvc]|[msvc.net]|[borland]
> > configure.bat
> >
> > Can anyone check this ?
>
> Ok I checked on the QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH, but the patch here should be applied
> on both.
>
> Test with MSVC 7.1 ( .NET ) :

<snip>

> * I made getMakefile() more robust and simpler: See if a Makefile.mkspec
> exists, if so, that's what we are looking for, otherwise, return the
> default Makefile.unix. Notice that there is no "Makefile" (without any
> extension) with the default distribution, thus if we return that you are
> assuming that the .bat did something, and we should avoid making the bat
> too complex. (PS: patch included!)
applied

> * qmake doesn't have a Makefile.win32-msvc.net ( and it doesn't work with
> the Makefile.unix ), so again just copied over the VC6 makefile

see below

> * when qmake processes the .pro files, for the .net it tries to query some
> registry setting with QSettings which is currently not implemented. I get
> some errors ( see below ). Can't proceed with the compile using
> QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc.net
>
> errors:
> For C:\Downloads\qt-3\qmake\examples\precompile\precompile.pro
> QSettings::readEntry: invalid key
> '/Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.0\Setup\VC\ProductD> ir'
> QSettings::readEntry: invalid
key>'/Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\Setup\VC\ProductD
> ir'
see below

> *If* I change QMAKESPEC to win32-msvc *and* use the .net compiler it all
> works ok.
>

> Test with MSVC 6 on the QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH:
>
>  * No problems.

So using win32-msvc.net isn't required, we can use instead win32-msvc also for
net. That means we have full net support now. :-) If anyone like to update
the website please let me know, otherwise I will take this job in a while.

Regards