Final Borland C++ compilation for Qt 3.3.3

Thiago A. Corrêa thiagoacorrea at uol.com.br
Sat Sep 18 10:55:43 CEST 2004

> BTW: To reduce the number of configure scripts I have setup a main
> configure.bat, which works for msvc, borland and mingw environment.
>
> Simply run
> set QMAKESPEC=win32-[g++]|[msvc]|[msvc.net]|[borland]
> configure.bat
>
> Can anyone check this ?

Ok I checked on the QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH, but the patch here should be applied
on both.

Test with MSVC 7.1 ( .NET ) :

* misc/link_includes and misc/configure both doesn't have a
Makefile.win32-msvc.net
I copied over the Makefile.win32-msvc for now.

* I made getMakefile() more robust and simpler: See if a Makefile.mkspec
exists, if so, that's what we are looking for, otherwise, return the default
Makefile.unix. Notice that there is no "Makefile" (without any extension)
with the default distribution, thus if we return that you are assuming that
the .bat did something, and we should avoid making the bat too complex. (PS:
patch included!)

* qmake doesn't have a Makefile.win32-msvc.net ( and it doesn't work with
the Makefile.unix ), so again just copied over the VC6 makefile

* when qmake processes the .pro files, for the .net it tries to query some
registry setting with QSettings which is currently not implemented. I get
some errors ( see below ). Can't proceed with the compile using
QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc.net

errors:
For C:\Downloads\qt-3\qmake\examples\precompile\precompile.pro
QSettings::readEntry: invalid key
'/Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.0\Setup\VC\ProductD
ir'
QSettings::readEntry: invalid key
'/Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\Setup\VC\ProductD
ir'

*If* I change QMAKESPEC to win32-msvc *and* use the .net compiler it all
works ok.

Test with MSVC 6 on the QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH:

 * No problems.

Best regards,
   Thiago A. Corrêa