win95/unicode

Peter Kuemmel kuemmel at coffeelogic.de
Fri Nov 12 22:31:07 CET 2004

Chris January wrote:
>>But, do we need the definitions of qt_windows with the
>>highest possible _WIN32_WINDOWS and WINVER values?
>
> If we don't set it to the highest possible values then defines for features
> only present in later versions will not be included (since they will are
> guarded by #if WINVER>0x0500, etc. lines) and we will have to re-define them
> in qt_windows.h.

My thinking and writing was different! my real question is:

But, do we need the definitions in qt_windows
WHEN we use the highest possible _WIN32_WINDOWS and WINVER values?

I think, when we use the highest values we can remove
all the SPI_GETKEYBOARDCUES, WM_MOUSEWHEEL, WM_MOUSEHOVER and WM_MOUSELEAVE
definitions.

Peter