Problem compiling qt3/win32

Ivica Sarec induktivi at web.de
Fri May 21 11:17:35 CEST 2004

Hello,
this is the first time I use cygwin and I wanted to test qt under winxp
because I use qt under linux too.
So I´ve followed the instructions as described on:
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/compiling.php to compile
qt3/win32.
After preparing the configuration with "make -f Makefile.cvs" the
problem begins.
At step 7 I wanted to configure qt with ". config.cygwin" and received
the following error message: "You don't seem to have 'make' or 'gmake'
in your PATH. Cannot proceed"

In the qt-dir I search for the make-command:
$ make -v
GNU Make 3.80
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

As the make-command is available I don't know what to do.
Can somebody help me please?

Thanks.
Ivica Sarec