build issues

IVAN DE JESUS DERAS TABORA ivan_deras at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 5 22:33:08 CET 2004

 --- Hans Kieserman <hkieserman at mail.com> escribió: >
> I have had no success building the latest versions
> of any of the various
> configurations of QT3/Win32.  Should I try to fix
> these, or do you have
> any advice?
>
> Building with gcc 2.95.3, I get too many errors to
> list ("symbol not
> found")- please let me know if you'd like a more
> detailed bug report.
>
> Building QT3_WIN32_3_BRANCH with gcc 3.3.1, I see
> the listboxeditor.ui
> crash that was reported earlier on this list.
>
> Building QT3_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH, qfont_win.cpp does
> not build for various
> reasons.  For example,
> 1) qfont_win.cpp.line 252: QFontPrivate::load()
> needs a QFont::Script
> argument
> 2) "fin" is not a member of QFontPrivate (for
> example, line 252 refers
> to d->fin->font()

QT3_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH is not working now!!! To make it
work the font stuff need to be rewritten, and some
Pixmap stuff need to be reviewed too, for now i'm busy
and cannot work on QT_WIN32 but i'll try to do some
work on week ends.
You can test QT3_WIN32 using the previous
branch(QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH) which still is available.
For instructions on compiling see:
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/compiling.php