build issues

Hans Kieserman hkieserman at mail.com
Fri Jan 2 20:14:47 CET 2004

I have had no success building the latest versions of any of the various
configurations of QT3/Win32.  Should I try to fix these, or do you have
any advice?

Building with gcc 2.95.3, I get too many errors to list ("symbol not
found")- please let me know if you'd like a more detailed bug report.

Building QT3_WIN32_3_BRANCH with gcc 3.3.1, I see the listboxeditor.ui
crash that was reported earlier on this list.

Building QT3_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH, qfont_win.cpp does not build for various
reasons.  For example,
1) qfont_win.cpp.line 252: QFontPrivate::load() needs a QFont::Script
argument
2) "fin" is not a member of QFontPrivate (for example, line 252 refers
to d->fin->font()

It looks like the font code is under active development; could whoever
is working on it check in a version that compiles and/or let me know so
I can fix it?
Thanks,
Hans