Problem compiling KDE package (kdepim)
tola01 at student.bth.se
Wed Feb 25 16:03:51 CET 2004
On Wednesday 25 February 2004 08.20, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2004 14:58, Tobias Larsson wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply. I did manage to get through the configure process,
> > so now I'm stuck in make :)
> > (The last problem was due to the cvs checkout being performed by the
> > windows-version of cvs and not the cygwin-version, so there was some line
> > feed mixup)
> > Anyway, on to the current problem. During make, it enters (amongst many)
> > the kdepim/kalarmd directory, and there it fails with a lot of undefined
> > references to Qt classes (my guess):
> > Command:
> > /bin/bash ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -fdata-sections
> > -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W
> > -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new
> > -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -o libkalarmd.la -rpath /opt/kde3/lib
> > -L/ usr/X11R6/lib -L/opt/qt3/lib -L/opt/kde3/lib dummy.lo
> > alarmdaemoniface_stub.lo alarmguiiface_stub.lo -lkdecore
> > I've read some suggestions to this problem, but nothing that has anything
> > to do with Cygwin. One of these suggestions was to rebuild Qt. Is this
> > what I need to do, or do you know if there's any other solution?
> This isn't required, this error is because under linux this symbols are
> runtime linked, which isn't implemented in cygwin (in truth more a windows
> dll problem), which requires that all symbols has to be resolved at link
> time. Please patch the following line in
> -libkalarmd_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_RPATH)
> +libkalarmd_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_RPATH) -ldcop -lqt-mt
> Then this should be linkable.
Thanks for all your help. I got it working now, and afaik all components seems
to be working alright.
I had some more linking problems, but the solution was similar to your fix.
Also, during "make install", it was trying to place the binaries in NONE/bin,
but replacing NONE with /opt/kde3 in all affected Makefiles solved that.
I'm not sure why it was trying to put them in NONE/bin. Even running configure
with --bindir=/opt/kde3/bin didn't solve it...
More information about the kde-cygwin