Problem compiling KDE package (kdepim)

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Feb 25 08:20:27 CET 2004

On Monday 16 February 2004 14:58, Tobias Larsson wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I did manage to get through the configure process, so
> now I'm stuck in make :)
> (The last problem was due to the cvs checkout being performed by the
> windows-version of cvs and not the cygwin-version, so there was some line
> feed mixup)
>
> Anyway, on to the current problem. During make, it enters (amongst many)
> the kdepim/kalarmd directory, and there it fails with a lot of undefined
> references to Qt classes (my guess):
>
> Command:
> /bin/bash ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -fdata-sections
> -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W
> -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new
> -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc  -o libkalarmd.la -rpath /opt/kde3/lib
> -L/ usr/X11R6/lib -L/opt/qt3/lib -L/opt/kde3/lib   dummy.lo
> alarmdaemoniface_stub.lo alarmguiiface_stub.lo -lkdecore
<snip>

> I've read some suggestions to this problem, but nothing that has anything
> to do with Cygwin. One of these suggestions was to rebuild Qt. Is this what
> I need to do, or do you know if there's any other solution?

This isn't required, this error is because under linux this symbols are
runtime linked, which isn't implemented in cygwin (in truth more a windows
dll problem), which requires  that all symbols has to be resolved at link
time. Please patch the following line in
<kdepim-source-root>/kalarmd/Makefile.am:

-libkalarmd_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_RPATH)
+libkalarmd_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_RPATH) -ldcop -lqt-mt

Then this should be linkable.