Can I add qt_win_use_simple_timers in qapplication_win.cpp?

Ole Jacob Hagen waterthrill at yahoo.no
Wed Dec 1 09:10:48 CET 2004

Hi.

I believe that qt_win_use_simple_timers has a relationship with WM_TIMER.
WM_TIMER is an evil timer system, which should have presicion between
20-30 ms, but a delay about 100-200 ms has been observed.

I believe that qt_win_use_simple_timers is used to control behavour of
timervents. It might mean that you can enable/disable qt-internally
timers or use WM_TIMER.....could this be true?

Has someone used WM_TIMER in MSVC and lost timerEvent and/or experienced
delays?
Did you solve the problem? And how did you solve it? I believe that your
solution might be a step further to solve the usage of
qt_win_use_simple_timers.

Cheers,

Ole J.