Fwd: qkw merging...

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Aug 23 02:57:33 CEST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: qkw merging...
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 01:56:12 +0100
From: Jarosław Staniek <js at iidea.pl>
To: Holger Schroeder <holger-kde at holgis.net>

> Hi Jaroslaw,
>
> can you explain to me what the goal of qkw will be ?
> will it be a native kde on windows, or will it be only a small layer to be
> able to run kexi under windows ?

Nothing like that. It IS a set of patches agains kdelibs a mix of 3.1 and 3.2
and some 3.3).

I wonder if you read http://iidea.pl/~js/qkw/ ? I also dont remember If i've
speak with you, but I contacted Ralf over year ago, and
QKW is consisted of patches for most modules of kdelibs, including KTrader,
KParts (e.g. Kate part), KSycoca, etc. , thus it's not so small. Kexi was a
'training area' for it. I've also msvc build environment (something far more
complicated compared to Qt build env.)

> the people at http://ranger.befunk.com/phpwiki/index.php/Building KDE Yourself
> adopted my about one year old patches to kde to make it more
> platform-independent. the recent versions should apply to kde 3.3 and should
> be a good starting point to continue from there.

I thing we should really work together, because once merge will be started, we
cannot wait: kdelibs changes too frequently. This was also a reason why I
eventually 'allocated some time resources' for final merge of QKW & kdelibs,
--I just dont want to update my sources to newer HEAD, again and again.

And yes, I am also interested in making the merge profitable for MacOSX
(non-X11) target (Kexi on MacOSX is my goal as well).

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
   Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska